Lost a Big One!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wooley99, Jan 10, 2008.

1. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm bummed. I came home tonight to a cancellation notice from my one big account. A condo complex. No reason given but an offer to "renegotiate and rebid" so I assume it's price. I think the new COA was elected in Nov. so I guess it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Every week at least one of the full-timers (as opposed to snowbirds or vacationers depending on the season) tells me thanks and how great it looks now. Of course you can't please everybody.

It wasn't all my eggs, but as a newby I don't have a very big basket and this is sure a setback as well as a cash flow problem in the off-season to cover business costs that aren't seasonal.

It almost makes me wish I hadn't gone out and put a deposit down on one of these last week.

internationalmxt.jpg

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel your PAIN....:rolleyes: On the truck thing ...I mean
    For every account you lose there's another to gain keep your head up...Joe

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I almost took a picture of that truck at one of my clients home. His is red and is a loaner from international, for the year I am told. The misses said they just dropped it buy and said to enjoy it, use it for the year, no strings. I guess they want his company to buy some of their semi's. The thing sat for almost two months, they just did start driving it about a month ago. It looks like an incredible waste of money to me.

5. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

wooley
    What is that thing? It looks bad big time whatever it is,ha.

6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

They come and they go. I know its tough but there more out there.

7. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

damn they may be the ugliest truck to have ever been driven on a road

8. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

is that a scaled down version of the cxt?

9. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

would you consider rebidding? only ask cuz you say it will hurt i usually wouldnot but if you need this to buy your truck i might think about it. wish you best luck either way

10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The truck is a wholly separate deal. - losing the account will certainly make you re think that one.

Go ahead and submit a new bid. Keep in mind that cost will likely rise I am thinking fuel others as well.