Lost a COMM. account to the "Get er done" guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

So, the past three weeks I have rec'd a call from one of the bakerys I cut. I charge them $140 per cut.

Week #1. No problem. Called us back cuz we missed one spot (mohawk) due to customer waiting till the last minute to have it cut. <--More on this in a minute.

Week #2-5 No problems....loves the work.

Week #6-8 Can you please skip this week and next week cuz the roofers will be onsite.......thanks.

Yesterday. I check my messages prior to cutting to make sure he has not called me and he has NOT called.

I take the equipment off the truck and low and behold, the back of the bakery was cut (MOHAWKS ALL OVER THE PLACE), grass clippings are everywhere. At that moment, I turn to my partner and tell him that this will be the last week we cut for this customer.

Five minutes into cutting...the "Get er done" guy pulls up in his pick up, shirt rolled up just like the movie and proceeds to say "You boyz needn't return next week, we got our mower back up and runnin so from now on, we will GET ER DONE". He then TELLS us to go ahead and clean up the back "a bit" and get the invoice to them and they will settle up.

I told him that our company policy is to NOT cut for one-time accounts unless stipulated prior to entering into a contractual agreement. <--Over his head.

Anyway, he asks us again to clean it up a bit, all the while I am heading straight for the truck to reload. He then says he cannot get his mower here until next week and insists that we do it NOW. I told him that if he did it RIGHT the FIRST time, it could have waited until next week.

No charge for that visit :) :waving:
  2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

wtf is wrong with people? they put you out of an account and then expect you to happily go out and clean up their slop for them? BS. You did the right thing.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You should've looked at him, looked back over at the mess, and then looked back over at him and said. "Now that there's funny..I don't care WHO ya are!" :laugh:
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  5. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I bet he'd be "more frustrated than a keebler elf being demoted to fudge packer"

Lord I apolgize....
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Here's your sign!:drinkup: :laugh:
  7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Great post.............make her smoke daddy!
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  9. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

*** UPDATE ***

3pm Phone call from loser at the bakery.
    "Can you please continue to cut our place?". I had a feeling that was gonna happen cuz there is no question how badly a butcher job the person who cut their yard did.

Anyhow, I declined to continue and when asked why I wouldn't do it, I told him that I felt I would only be cutting until he was able to find a reliable lowerballer than the guy he dumped me for. He asked what the problem was if he wanted to shop price. I told him that in this free country, he could certainly do whatever his heart desired.....but without me.

Turns out, he rec'd calls from the city which is why the cheapo didnt have lawn care sooner.