Lost a fertilizing job to TG

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rhyan6, Mar 9, 2011.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My daughter use to work in the front office for TG. They would drive from Delaware to Philly ( about 40 miles) to do a $25 app. _ thats one $25 app- This doesn't make sense.

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

My bad.....Sorry about that. I didn't see where you went with that. I thought you were saying the cheapest you would go was 189 and then gave your rates. makes sense now, I am an idiot.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

3. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

No biggie, just living the American Dream..Good luck this season!

4. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I just cut and put scotts on my lawn but the Turf Doctor seems to make the thickest greenest lawns out there. To answer your question, I'm no expert but I think it comes down to the amount of product (Nitrogen etc..) that is put down. Not really a "best product issue" . The guys that put down the right amount need to charge more but are up against companies that don't put enough down and it shows but the customer doesn't notice much or doesn't care.

5. mkiefer

mkiefer LawnSite Member

They have such a dense customer base they can make a good profitat that price. Not to mention the buying power they have, they get the best deals on all the products. I ran branches for TG for over 20 years and i can assure you nothing was diluted or short cut in my Branches.