Lost a friend

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Mar 22, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing worse than mourning the loss of your best friend is never having a best friend to mourn. A man can share company with many a good woman all awhile never having had a truely good dog in his life.

Count your blessings boss.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

This is our third dog to die; all of them were road guys and girls; one traveled in a Land Rover, who became "Arrow" in the Nilsson film "The Point". The other two lived their lives in Airstreams and were the joy of our lives. So,outside, I sit in my reading chair and look underneath the Motor Home and gaze at the blank space where two of them used to sleep during the day and tear-up.

3. DalesLanscaping

DalesLanscaping LawnSite Member

Sorry for your loss

4. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

this is confirmation of my suspicion,
    these old farts dont want anyone to get ahead.

they cant even be happy for you if you get a promotion to the the land of milk-bones and honey.

Suppose you took a glance under the RV and found me sleeping? I mean anything is possible...especially if you will throw me some irrigation tips and tricks...

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You would find yourself bound and gagged. Next stop, Hood Canal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

but if I was gagged how would yall benefit from my lighthearted jokes and up-lifts?

7. Mike Leary

Stick it in your ear, and don't ask me any questions, you get the idiot of the month award. :hammerhead:

8. BuntonMowing3

BuntonMowing3 LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about you lost best friend, I had to put my dog down like 4 years ago, and i still tear up till this day, he was a amazing hunting dog, and co-pilot as well. well my prayers are to you and you wife.. good luck.

9. Mike Leary

Thank you, some of us don't kid around about a member of the family heading out.

10. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure why you would want to share your loss with a bunch of people you don't know but I'm sorry about the dog. I had a cat I liked a lot and it died a couple years ago.