Lost account to an electric mulcher guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, Jun 4, 2008.

1. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

I had this account for 10 years and the last time I did it the big gate to the back yard was broken. It had actually been breaking for years and it finally broke. Not my fault. I told the lady to get the gate fixed or I could not get my walk behind in the back. She said "can't you use the little gate on the side?" I looked at her with a stupefied look and said nooooo, my mower is too big. So today as I am going by her house there is a guy with an electric mulching mower turning her lawn yellow. It said something like clean air on the truck. Oh well. I just hope this guy doesn't start a trend.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

that stinks.......

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

good thing most of my yards are like 2 acres lol

4. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I would have thrown a chain over the power line (throws the switch, I used to work for a power company.) then ask if he need some gas powered equip?

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

she'll be calling you back sooner then you think. He's turning the grass yellow? Yeah, you'll probably get her back.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

so you tore up this ladys gate, acted like she was crazy because she told ya to use the other one, someone comes in and takes the account from ya...... and your surprised ?

I truly dont see how some of you stay in business.

7. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

The gate was hard to close for years and just kept getting worse. This is a house where nothing ever gets fixed it's just supposed to last forever. Once there was a hole where a raccoon was getting under the house and her fix was to take a cupboard door (that had come off) out of the kitchen and wedge it over the hole with a rock. She was very hard to talk to so I learned just not to say a work to her. She is crazy.

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

"I looked at her with a stupefied look" ;):dizzy:;):dizzy:;).....that is crazy!!!!

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

What???:confused::confused: