1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lost another Customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by all degree, Feb 1, 2005.

1. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back from a wake for another customer. 67 years old went into the hospital last Monday and died from cancer on Sunday. Did not even know he had it.

He was the one guy who I looked forward to coming out of the house every week. Always making sure that I was ok and not worried about the lawn.

This is the second one this year. Its gonna be strange cut the lawn and not seeing them.
  2. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I lost one last week. 2nd one in less than a year. Did'nt know either one was even sick.
  3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I lost 2 last year. I found out today that another is dying of lung cancer and isn't expected to live more than 3 months from now. It always seems that the nicest customers that you have pass on far too soon.
  4. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Yea. I hate to see anyone pass, but why could'nt it be the PIA's
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you guys mean. I always seem to lose the nicest customers.
  6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

whatever! tidybowlman!:)
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I lost two this year also. Both within 6 weeks or something. One was my favorite customer. 75 to systemic cancer. The other had a knee operation, was getting better, was cleared to return to work. Thru a clot the day after going back to work and died that night while sleeping. Age 41.

And yes PITA'S live forever.
  8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe I need to become a PITA so I can live longer, lol.
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :laugh: Thats funny.
  10. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

I lost 6 in one year. Still do all the widows though. Kinda weird showing up and not seeing that person there all the time.