Lost checks

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by OhioMowerGuy, Dec 26, 2007.

1. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

When your customers send checks out to you guys, how many times have they got lost in the mail this year? Its happened to me 3 times this year. Not too happy about that. The mailman is F'ing up lol.

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

The only problem I have had is end of month billing not being lost in the mail - thankfully I haven't had a problem with lost payments.
    I spoke to the Postmaster at my branch, whom to his credit acknowledged the problem - ended up being a contract delivery person who was having "issues" and was terminated.
    Since then, no more problems.

3. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a real good question. I know there ARE DAYS that i get more then 1 peice of mail adderessed to someone else. My payroll came in a week late once and hand written on it was " sent to wrong adrdess" at least 3 times a week I get mail that is not mine.

5. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I just remembered I got a check about a month ago that looked like it went through a wood chipper. That pissed me off more than the lost ones.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Not once this year.

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Our mail man, is never at the same time. it makes me mad you wait on her before you leave or something and it will be the day she dont show up till 5pm WTF!!!

I have miss places checks before, but never lost on in the mail

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If it happened that often I would start paying a little more attention...
    Might be a wild goose chase but that number seems kinda high.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

if its the same customers check might not be the mailman.....

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I sent out a bill and it came back. The address was correct so I put another stamp on it and resent. The bill came back again. I checked the address again and it was correct so I hand delivered. I sent the next months bill out same address and they got it (Go figure?).

I have had my share of postal delivery problems...too many to note them all.