Lost my day job today.........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Oct 24, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I debated on whether I should even post this, but I thought it may give some release. I was released from my day job today at fifteen minutes till time to go home and enjoy my 1st weekend off in a month. I was employed there for 9.75 years and worked 50+ hours per week forever and came away learning alot over the years. The economy has taken a drastic toll on the business and I was one of the highest paid. Excuses were given, but the boss is trimming the "higher ups" therefore the knowledge too.

I say this to inform everyone of this............I will remain a sponsor here for as long as I can and continue to bore you with my info on Amsoil. My day job was our main source of income by far, so right now I don't know what I am going to do. I know I have promised some 2-cycle samples to many of you from my last give-away. But for right now those are on hold. I will probably send them out 1 or 2 at a time, so please be patient. I am not looking for any sympathy here, I just wanted everyone to know where I stand as a sponsor here and regarding the samples.

Maybe I should start a lawn-care company:rolleyes:!!!!!!!

2. Backhoe Man

Backhoe Man LawnSite Member

Hate to hear that. Everything will work out. BH///////

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

it was probably lack of productivity on your part for posting too much on here. either that, or too many complaints from people on here. pick your poison hoyt. anyway, goodluck with your future endeavors.

4. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Hate to hear the news. We are a blessed nation and will bounce back from the current situation. So will you.

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn company! There ya go

BTW sorry about your "loss"

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree - who would of thought about a lawn care company!!

hate to here of your news though - hope everything works out for ya in the end.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Before I tell you I am sorry to hear about this, I am going to tell you why.

I am sorry because you, just like everyone else in the corporate world, has been
    led to believe that string of lies they feed to every single employee every single
    day of their lives... The contents vary, but basically it boils down to canned BS
    that translates to buttering you up because that makes you work VERY VERY hard
    as you are told there is a BIG reward at the end and so on...

There was a lot of other stuff I was saying but I edited it all out, because...

For the fact that you are finding this out for yourself,
    for that I am very sorry.

Peace

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about that! Good luck with your future endeavors.

9. You can't keep a good man down and I'm sure you'll find something probably better than what you had. Good luck and may GOD Bless you Hoyt.

10. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

Hang in there. I am sure it will all work out for the best.
    Dave in Dayton