Lost my first '04 customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Mar 20, 2004.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I got a call on my cell today and it was a customer I signed in Dec for an annual program, (complete- snow, lawn and landscape maint). when I signed her she told me her last guy just stopped showing up. so I proceeded w/ my pitch and she signed on the spot. well Yesterday her old lawn guy just got out of jail and was going back into business. Needless to say I lost out over him. She told me he was going through a tough time w/ finances and couldn't land alot of work. I'm thinking to myslef that's because he was in jail. so after a short debate and I realized she was giving her money to him. I told her I am going to try enforce the cancellation policy on my contract she signed and her responce was she'll have the guy who got out of jail give me a call to work things out???? I proceeded to hang up the phone.

2. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, not only is the old (Lawn guy) her lawn service provider, He is also her henchmen to do her dirty deeds. Talk about full service providers

Sounds like your better off without her.

3. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Tell the old guy to come on over we will show him how it's done thats a joke you dont need people like that dont waste your time.

4. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him you'll take her to court for breach of contract.

Don't let them intimidate you.

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like this customer could have potentially been a pain anyway, no loyalty. Don't let it bother you, there will be plenty of other people out there that will be appreciative of your work and remain loyal. When the jailboy doesn't work out for her, she'll be calling you. I would tell her sorry we're full.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it sounds as if there may have been "a little more to it" than just a customer and her jailbird service provider. Who knows WHAT is all involved with people who associate. I would surely have been curious as to why he was in jail, in the first place. If it was child support, ok,.. so be it, but if it was something stupid like laqrceny, or drugs, well, that could tell you the story, right there.

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

If you enforce the policy, also get her for threatening you.

8. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

If he knocks on the door the sound "Cchk-Cchk" comes to mind.

Open up the beer and tell him congrats and goodluck. You dont need a headache like that.

9. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

if the tough guy threatens you in any way he will only end up going back to his cell....sounds like the ex client is excited about her new thug service, she would want to watch her comments too, not nice to go around threatening and intimidating people, and thats what this duo sound like they are starting to do. He is probably servicing the ''lady'' more ways than one :)

10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I would have said there is nothing to work out.....You cancelled, an you owe me money for canceling.

You signed a contract, you are now breaking it an blowing me off for this guy that just got out of jail. Your going to pay me the cancellation fee!!!.....This guy doesn't have anything to do with our signed contract. I dont want to hear from him at all.

If you still want to pursue the matter, send him on over, an I will explain to HIM in one way or the other about the money you owe me, and you will pay me the cancellation fee.

Send him my way.......I'll take care of him for ya!!!!!! I hate these ******* jailbirds!!!!!!