Lost my first customer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by okiegnome, Jun 11, 2013.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Very true.
    easy-lift guy
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. okiegnome

okiegnome LawnSite Member

Yeah I didn't want to be rude because I tried to talk to her about it but she didn't even say anything about the job I had done about an hour ago,just complain about the week before and if I might say it looked good, oh well time to try and pick some new yards up
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Victorsaur

Victorsaur LawnSite Member

You will meet all kinds of bad customers. All that matters is that you remain respectful and professional in the midst of whatever they do. Don't get angry, feel sorry for them. As a professional you have a reputation to uphold, good job on remaining polite.

This may not be an applicable suggestion as I live in NC where the primary grass type is tall fescue. With the right kind of mower / blade you can actually cut grass clippings into tiny shreds which act as nitrogen fertilizer for the lawn. It also gives you the appeal of being more environmentally conscientious.
  4. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Round up ice cubes anyone? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. okiegnome

okiegnome LawnSite Member

I double cut where I went back over the Bermuda a different pattern after I first cut it, the grass was tall however and mulching only chews up so much but doesn't make it vanish, but I tell people about the grass decomposing all the time because it helps keep from bagging
    Posted via Mobile Device