Lost My Mind.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nozzleman, May 22, 2003.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I sure hope all the wonderful things I have heard about Magna-Matic sharpeners on this site are true since I lost my mind and ordered one tonight. Fortunately, I split the cost with my cousin who is also a LCO.

Prior to joining Lawnsite I thought my Milwaukee hand held grinder was the "proper" way to sharpen blades I guess I was :confused: :confused: .

BTW, my cousin finally joined Lawnsite tonight so he will be hanging out with the "pro's" now.

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

You didn't lose your mind. I have a neary blade grinder and one of those 3.00 blade balancers. I wish I had a magna-matic.

3. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

Money well spent brother.

I have the Magna-matic balancer and it is fantastic. I'll be ordering one of their sharpener's soon. What model did you get?

4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I ordered the 9001.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I use a $50 Dewalt hand grinder with a 4 1/2" disc. It does a good job, but those blade sharpeners are very nice as well and they also keep a better angle on the blade and give a more uniform edge IMO. However, mine is more multi purpose and economical ;)
    Anywho, I bet you'll love it!

6. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

I have a B-G 121 and I really like it. I've never used a Magna-Matic but I hear they're the ones to get. I bought mine used for $175.00 It works good, keeps the same angle on each blade and it only takes about 3 minutes per blade. Sure beats the old hand grinder for sure.