1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lost my New String trimmer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ryan Lightning, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

:( Today sucked! I just finished my second lawn, and was getting ready to put the weed eater in the rack, When the customer came out of the house waving cash in the air, So I set the weed eater on the fender, grabed the $, Got in my truck and drove off.
    After a few left turns I was on a double yellow lined road doing about 40 when I see a minivan trying to pass me, So I gun it just to give them a hard time, When I get to the next stop light, I see this lady get out waving her arms, at the same time I notice my weed eater isnt in the rack! So she tells me, I think you lost your tools back on Tulare street. Now I feel like a dummy for not leting her pass.
    I go back, and theres no weed eater, I park and wait 15 minutes to see if anyone would come back with it, are come out of a house. Nope, its gone. Its only about 2-3 months old. Shindaiwa
    T-231 Maybe if Im lucky they will try and find me. Im going to check with the police department, look at the fleamart, Check the pawn shops, and look in the paper.
    Does anyone know if I found it at the pawn shop, If I still have the right to it?
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I could try and make you feel better. This year my guys have managed to lose a Shindaiwa limited series weedwacker, little wonder 36" hedge trimmers, Echo 340 climbing saw, and a pair of Peltor worktunes. And that's just the stuff I am currently aware of.

3. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

If you have your serial numbers in a file to prove that it is yours you may still be able to claim it. The dealership where you got it may haave the serial # on file as well. I hope you find it man! I had 2 echo weedeaters and echo edger stole from me over the same weekend i went to Nashville for a tournament. Not to worry though, Dresden's finest are on the job... Psshhhht!! Yeah right!!! I now have pad locks on my racks and the serial # of my new equipment which is Kawasaki. Good luck, ryan! Hope you get 'em back.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

File a police report, it was stolen. It must have happened at the last lawn you were at. Whoever "found" it knows what happened, i wouldnt feel sorry for them one bit. I met a guy today that had all his stuff stolen yesterday.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Hope you find it.

It is always a good idea-whenever you get new gear-write down the serial number, all product info. and take a picture of it. Keep it in a file for futire reference.
  6. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that happen to you. I guess you got distracted, thats why it is always my rule to check the trailer and the truck before I get in to take off. I would just write it off as experence and be more careful in the future once again sorry for the misfortune.
  7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Reading your post makes me feel better. I thought my guy's were bad at misplacing equipment.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I backed the rig out of a client's driveway onto a busy neighborhood road one day.I forgot to put the pin in the left trailer tailgate, and a 21" Snapper went flying out across the street and into the next alleyway. I had to pull the truck back in out of traffic,walk over the intersection, and in thirty seconds time, some j@ck@ss in a Ranger stopped on the road above and was trying to get my $ 700.00 mower! He said he was just trying to get it out of the way of traffic..tell me another one:blob2:
  9. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

At the pawn shop, it is theirs now. Even if you have a police report, and take a cop in there with you, and cause a very big scene, and have your reciept, and threaten to beat the guy in the pawn shops *****. It is theirs! Believe me I know. ;)

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that. I have 2 Shindaiwa T-230s and I would be very upset if i lost 1. They are great machines. I havent had anything stolen or lost yet. (knock on wood) Hope you find it.