Lost one today To lowballers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HAy all:

Welp it finley hit home... I havent had a problem with lowballers untill today. and infact I'm sueing.... they didn't even have the balls to call me.

I had to find out by showing up to mow. I was charging 200.00 monthly and she said that a Guy showed up and did it 75.00 cheaper.....
    Must be WET's................

2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

that sucks...i've lost one this year

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

If they want a cheaper price then you don't want them anyway, better to weed them out now. Good luck!

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks and thanks......

I'm so worked up and MAD... I went out in the Grague and hit the bag for 25 minutes....

I just got this place cleaned up....

O we found someone cheaper.... SURE ya did B$%^& after I got it cleaned up.

I thought they would FREAK when I told them I have a contract in my hand and I'll see them in court.....
    But I guess there used to people sueing them... Good thing is it's a Business, so they HAVE TO PAY....

Thanks again guys,,, yall have saved me MILLIONS in theropy

5. smut

smut LawnSite Member

Don't let it get to you. If you do it will affect your performance and could lose additional accounts. Just move on.

6. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I seem to lose 1 or 2 around this time of year. And its always to a firefighter, or policeman, of military doing it part time for some extra dough. Around november I will get a call from the homeowner asking if I could come back and pick back up where they left off because they quit coming. Thats when I tell the its either double the price or don't waste my time. It infuriates me how people just jump to the first cheap guy that bangs on the door. They wonder why the yard looks like H. E. double hockey sticks, because the guy was mowin with a crapsman that the deck wasn't even close to level on. No edger on the driveway. Beds look like crap. I have used the old roundup on a few people that have ditched me to a lowballin part timer.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW... Pretty Prowerfull there.... Not sure if I would do the ole round up thing... But I may if I got mad enoulf.... YEA it's kind of sweet when they come back and then WE say double, or hit the road....

Thanks for posting

8. SEALAWNMANAGEMENT

SEALAWNMANAGEMENT LawnSite Member

I guess you could lump me in with what you said. I am a PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTER however, I own a highly profitable lawn care company and I know several other people that work in public service that do the same. I use commercial mowers with level decks, I have a Stihl edger that I use and I take care of the ornamental beds. I do an excellent job as a so called (part timer)! I work 56 hour a week for the fire dept. and another 50-60 hrs a week with my business and also farm about 350 acres in between MY 2 FULL TIME JOBS. I have enough pride and dignity not to even consider putting round up on someones yard. That is one of he most childish things I have heard a grown man say. Especially a man who is trying to run a business.

9. quipit

quipit LawnSite Member

your lookin' for a whole lotta trouble when you play around with pesticides like that...very stupid...

Since your the vindictive type, try a zoysia grass seed drive-by...

10. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Well while you get to enjoy your state paid benefits, retirement and so forth, the rest of us that chose to do this full time dont get fancy benefits, or a state retirement. We are trying to get a county rule here that if you are a government employee you can not free enterprise. pick one or the other. Try to make it in the real world, or work your government job. Dont use benefits paid by my tax dollars to be able to cut my throat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.