1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lost power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, May 27, 2003.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

on my 36" stander i've lost almost all power to the blades. The engine sounds like it's running at its regular rpms but when i engage the blades it bogs down and almost stops. if i try to cut anything with it, it will stop. I'm only using single blades so i know it's not the weight from using doubles thats messing things up. any ideas?
  2. the gravely man

the gravely man LawnSite Member

sounds like a bearing on one of your spindles, run it for a few minutes and then shut it down and feel the spindles and see if they are hot
  3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely your clutch is out of adjustment if all else is OK...
  4. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Chutch, belts, or spindles- I had the same problem- mine was loose belts though.
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Check the bearings in the idler pulleys as well, I've had these seize up and burn the belt and they hog a whole lot of power too. This MIGHT be your problem. Have you checked under the deck for obstructions or stuff wrapped on the spindles? That shouldn't be enough to bog the motor that much, but still..