Lost Thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bull, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I am looking for a thread that I was involved in on Sunday morning and it seems to have disappeared. Anyone know where it might be? It was dealing with scrubs and being a legitimate business.

2. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

3. Bull

from NC

No but thanks. It was a good thread but things may have heated up and it may have been pulled. I would just like to know.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It's history.

5. Bull

from NC

rodfather, any details as to why is was taken away?

6. rodfather

My take is that it was from all the negative bantering that was going back and forth to which I know I was part of and do apologize. Unfortunately, the subject of conducting business w/o insurance, owner legitimacy, scrubs, doing business under the table, etc., etc., goes ups my a** like a wire brush at times. :angry:

You get the picture I'm sure...as to why it was removed, only the powers to be can answer that one fully.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Ain't that the truth, me too!!

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i dont mean to stir things up but...i think when the moderators see any thread which involves the bantering of those who opperate "illegally" (aka the beer money guys) or discusses the idea of illegal labor, not paying/reporting taxes, no biz license, it usually goes in the wrong direction and ends of in everyone getting pi**sed anyway, so they just delete it before it all happens.

9. rodfather

My take on this is the new guys just getting into the business (regardless of their age) should get to view both sides of these topics, ie., being legitmate, having proper insurance and credentials, reporting income and paying taxes, etc. Then they can decide what is best for them at the proper time.

BTW pro, you're not stirring anything up more than what was posted recently...especially by your's truly.

proenterprises likes this.
  10. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda puts the kybosh of the public message board concept, doesn't it?!! Sounds like an extreme form of censorship to me. As long as the language is clean, unoffensive and nobody is threatened with bodily harm, why not just let it run it's course? Besides, another one is bound to start up eventually. Actually, weren't there two threads running over the weekend with similar subjects on the scrub issue?