1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lost three dear customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burns60, Oct 10, 2006.

1. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Last week I lost a dear old lady whose yard I had maintained for the past three years. She left her 84 year old husband. She died from a massive heart attack last Tuesday night.

Her son, whose yard I also do, was enroute to Iraq and had landed in Kuwait where he found out about the death of his Mom whom he had visited with a week before he had to leave for the overseas tour. They were not sure he would even be able to get back in time for the funeral. His Dad, was "counting the hours" (according to the son's wife) for his only child to arrive back to help lay his wife to rest.

The son did make it back in time for his Mom's funeral on Saturday. The funeral was held for her in her and her husband's "hometown" some miles from here. After the funeral the son was driving with his Dad in the son's pickup back home later Saturday night while the son's wife and two children and grandchild followed later in another vehicle.

The son and his Dad wrecked killing both of them and injuring 5 others in other vehicles.

Wednesday they will both be buried beside their wife and mother, separated in death by only 5 days.

The son was starting his second tour in Iraq. Now his wife and 2 children (grown) have their lives turned upside down as a result of this accident not an hour away from home. I visited briefly with them tonight at the funeral home and they are just totally in shock.

When I asked what I could do for her, she just replied, "please pray for us that we may have the strength for the days we have ahead of us."

And that is why I am "putting" this before you members of Lawnsite so that we can collectively lift this remaining family up for some strength that we as humans can't provide for her. Just a silent thought or prayer for this family please.

Thank you.
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Man that is horrible! Will keep them in prayers and thoughts. I can't even imagine what the family is going threw or what I would even say to someone at a time like this. It makes my problems seem non existent.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Will do.
    Very very sad indeed, you just never know, in an instant, life could be turned upside down like this.
  4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Done. No plain words able to help this tragedy, only prayer.
  5. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Our prayers..
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They are - indeed -.....in our prayers. I am SO sorry to hear this....
  7. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

They will be in my prayers. God Bless Them.
  8. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like one of my customers luck. They will be in my prayers along with all the men and women serving our country!!
  9. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

man that is terrible, they will be in our prayers, and I hope you get through this.
  10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Prayers go out...