lost weight and can't wait to start

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timmac, Mar 21, 2008.

1. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

Since the end of the season last year i have lost 45 pounds and can't wait to get started this year mowing. It should be a lot easier on me. The drought we had last year made me put some weight on but it is off now and I'm ready.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the weight loss, thats a load. I did that 2 seasons back while training for marathons and I can tell you hands down that nothing tired me out while doing lawn work. I also pushed a fert hopper all over in heat with no problems. You will definately notice more energy and will have something left over when you are done working, which is the goal.
    That is no small feat and congrats once again. Stay away from the fast food lunches and stay hydrated.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm waiting till the season gets going to lose some weight.:eek: Yeh right.

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

MOW ED - Which marathon(s) did you run? I looking to run one next winter. I will do my first half tomorrow.

5. timmac

Im looking for some 5k's. Maybe marathons next year.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Did the half marathon in Green bay which also has a full or a 5K. One of the things about the run is that at the end you can have bratwurst and beer. Its not the best health food after a run but I did have a beer a few years back and you get a good bang for the buck.
    I also ran the full Chicago Marathon in 2006. I am glad I didn't go last year as they had a disaster in Chicago with the heat but my run was perfect and in the 40's.
    I highly suggest the Chicago if you can get there. It is a world class event and there were people cheering (sometimes 4 deep) along every step of the route. Great organization and truly exciting to run.
    I hurt my knee this past December at a fire and have been away from running. The ortho said I should give it up because of the damage and arthritis he found. I don't like that answer and am going to try and do some smaller runs. It gets addicting and I have never been in better shape so a guy thats 45 can do it anyone can. I sure am no speed demon, I just jog really but I did not stop once thru the race. I kept a heartbeat average of 148 for 4 hrs and 20 some minutes which is good for me.
    The Green Bay course is nice but that run comes up soon. There are some I would have like to tried like Disney but I don't know if my Doc would approve.
    We'll see.

7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

congrats on the wieght loss, its not easy, but is sure makes ya feel better.

8. timmac

I'm down to 216 and feel alot better. i'd like to lose about 20 more. Bought me a treadmill in January and have been running on it ever since. kinda feel like forrest gump. Starting my first mowings of the season today as soon as the grass dries up. cant wait.

9. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang you! You lost it and I found it. Same thing every year. Loose 40 during season pick it up in two monthes during off season. Congradulations on your accomplisment

10. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Timmac- Wow very good work man, good for you thats alot of weight to loose man. Hopefully the heat will help you loose so much more faster but then dont go looking like a flag pole and thin.

Does your skin look alot different or no. Somewhat coming back to normal?