Lost work due to scam!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by petroskie, Aug 4, 2010.

1. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

So I found out alot of the people i have been calling for field mowing have all said the same thing, I call, give them my " hello my name is bla bla and heres what service im offering to you" and so for 6 people have said well i just got an invoice and paid my bill for having that mowed, and i state: " well im standing on you property in neck high weeds so now rok has been done". and all these people are out of state so they can just go look to see if its done, thus i do a before and after photo before they pay. but work has gotten around and i went from tons o work to a unschedualed 2 weeks off. im just lost on what todo and to top that off the other guy who i compete against is dropping prices, he bid a field for $1000, then i bid the same for $750, then he bid for $200, i cant compete with that! im so mad i may take his wheels off his tractor and say no sir! you dont deserve these wheels you under bidder, kinda sounds like a super vilian. any advice?:cry:

2. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

Stab him in the neck, but make it look like a accident

3. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

yes yes like he fell off the tractor and the mowing deck just fell on him while the pto was engaged! and you can be my aliby when everyone sees it on the news:waving:

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Classic Low Balling !

5. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Put numerous hidden cinder blocks, metal shrapnel, wire, and any other thing in the field so when he mows it he gets a blade full! :cool2:

Ok that's kinda mean.

6. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

You want advice or someone to kiss your boo boos? Hers advice coming from an 18 yr old; DEAL with it! Don't complain and move on! Their are lowballers in every industry. So don't complain on lawnsite because ou didn't get a job or two! There are plenty of lawns out there! And their are plenty of people who need landscaping.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Bro, he does field mowing I don't know about you but around here most of the people with the fields have the tractors to mow them. So yeah.

8. ajslands

Brad is that in response to my post?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, but still he needs some cheese for that whine.

10. ajslands

:laugh: ooohh I haven't heard that in a while!
    Posted via Mobile Device