lot of disease on the turf this yr?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

you guys seeing a lot of disease on the turf this yr? it seems like all lawns have dollar spot.. man i thought it was just my lawns.. all lawns are loaded..
    some lawns i am spraying and some lawns i am aerating and seeding with a fescue..

2. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Really bad down here , fungus is in all types of turfgrass.

3. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I can't find a lawn around here without some dollar spot, what are you spraying?

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Many lawns have hundreds of spots.

Many of the spots have symptoms of both red thread and dollarspot. Which was first? Anybody else see these two-way infections?

What is best fungicide for this situation?

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

bayleton....but if you don't keep on spraying then as you know it will keep coming back.. down here in jersey we had about 10 storms that started around 3pm. or so ..that gave us that leaf wetness that brought us into the night and stayed damp. the little lady that we all treat that never gets the disease kinda understands that mother nature took ouer.. but the guy that has three suv's and a well for irrigations and waters 24-7 and cant figure out his timer after showing him 10 times and pays slows has fungus out the ears even thou i charged him $300+ to spray his 30,000+sf yard and said that you will need 2 more treatments does not understand why it is not going away after the first application and fails to allow us to treat the last two treatments.. this type of client we will all loose this season..

6. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Ant,
    Does bayleton have a curative rate for dollar, man I hear you loud and clear on the customers, For the most part I try to avoid the latter type, however one of the few I have actually came to my house to ask me what I'm going to do about his lawn, after he had us treating it and never fired the first company that was treating it for the first two applications, so his lawn has had like 4lbs of N or more already this year and he wonders why he has fungus. I say good riddance to customers like that, they will never be happy.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

"Summer Patch" -- we've seen more of it this year than any other year. Even on lawns that havn't experienced it before. I.S.U. says it's due to the weird weather we've had???

8. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

did ISU send out a bulletin or have something written on more summer patch cases than normal that i can send to customers?

9. bligh61

bligh61 LawnSite Member

who is ISU. Here in NY there has been loads of dollar spot and brown patch. Looking for best granular to apply.

10. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Iowa State University