lots and lots of rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlyons1, Apr 9, 2008.

1. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

hey guys i live in kentucky and we have had alot of rain.i usually get started the last part of march but as of today i only have 5 lawns mowed.i started mowing today and got rained out.wondering if any of you all are having the same problem.oh bye the way i have 32 accounts and work a full time job.

2. JLyons0025

JLyons0025 LawnSite Member

I am from central ky and have about 45 accounts and I cant keep up with all the rain. I am working after i get home in the afternoons until dark. i can barler keep my head above water. Its a GOOD thing though compared to last year! Hopefully it will be a moderatley wet summer to.

3. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

yes i agree compared to the drought last year.i do believe the drought is over.we have a chance of rain tommorrow and a 80 percent tommorrow night.

4. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys work full time and take care of 30-40 accounts? I would think you would be working every second of every day. I am trying to build up to 30-40 accounts but am doing this full time this year with no job. By the way, we are getting tons of rain in OK also, I don't know how you guys will catch up if you have several days of rain and a full time job. Good luck.

5. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Its better than the dust and dirt we have up here...

6. JLyons0025

JLyons0025 LawnSite Member

you have to work all day on the week ends. I am a fulltime college student so I get home about noon on T/R and 2:30 MWF. Its hard to keep up I believe I will have to drop a commercial yard that takes 31/2 hours and I only get 120.00 for so it should free up some time.

7. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Up here with finally got rid of our 100" of snow which made the ground nice and mushy, and now it rains every other day. We are so far behind on cleanups, and have so much landscaping to do, but better days will arrive, they always do. I used to stress out about it, but what can you do.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

jaybird, all you can do is wait until it gets nice enough to work. Then be ready to roll from there on out. :)

9. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

thanks for all the replies guys and happy mowing.