1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ElephantNest, Mar 13, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Holy smokes, the phone is ringing! Only got out less than 1500 of the 5000 flyers so far, and I booked up almost $10,000 worth of work today alone. A clean-up, two yard accounts, a garden restoration, a shrub removal, and removing a large raised bed and replacing with sod. Very nice sunny day, everyone notices their yard needs work, but they don't want to spend these beauitiful days working in the yard! Wooot!

Get your flyers out as soon as you get nice weather! Be near the phone, always. Get with everyone who calls within 3 days at the most, preferably the same day they call, or the next.

I hope the phones are a'ringing for y'all too!

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

What are you going to drive? how much was the estimate for getting your truck fixed? Your right about the flyers. I dont do them anymore, but when the weather gets good, they are an instant source of business.
  3. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I put out my flyers yesterday and have already gotten 8 new accounts!!
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

keep up the good work guys. I think that this season is going to be great
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

business so far this year has been busier than i had ever imagined, and its still very early.
  6. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

I believe tempature has a lot to do with it. We are still sitting in the 40's as a high. I've had a few, but I think it's going to take a week or two of high 50's to get people moving. What's the temp where you are when all the hype happend?
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Its rapidly starting to pick for me as well. I have noticed that when its in the 50s and sunny I get all my calls. It will be interesting for me to see how the next month goes! I can't wait!
  8. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

This can't be happening!!!

Kerry said the economy is in the tank. People don't have money to spend for this nonsense. They have to feed their families. There is no one working. This is just not true.

I am still trying to figure out why every where we look around here condos are going up and $400K homes. Must get good unemployment benefits.

Get it while you can guys cause it is slowing down (some where).

:D ;) :D ;) :D ;)
  9. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

The economy might perhaps be slowing, but the green industry kicks azz each and every year. People want nice lawns. They will want a nice lawn regardless of weather the mortgage get paids or not. People are obsessed with their lawns and there is money to be made...:rolleyes:
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i agree a quick reply is the way to get them. my gross went up like $15 grand already, and it aint even march 15th