Lots of Commercial Bids!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RickR1818, Jan 10, 2008.

1. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, just wanted to let you guys know I have a large number of bids due in the next few weeks for a property management company. I am excited and a little nervous about winning some of them. This is going to be my second season and it could be a big one. I just wanted to let the other new guys out there know the value of cold calling property management companies. You may find that big hit that needs 40-50 properties bid on. Can't wait to hear everyones advice and criticism.

Thanks,

Rick

2. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

Thats how i have got alot of my commercial work just by calling . you have a 50 / 50 chance , what are they going to tell you no like we havent heard that one before . Good Luck with those:walking:

3. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

How do you know how much to bid the commercial property for?

How does it go down?

You call, say you're bidding and then what?

How do you know what to bid? Why would they choose you if you're not under bidding?

4. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

whats the best way to get phone numbers for things like that?

5. RickR1818

I basically did a yellow page search for property management and went down the line and called asking if they were accepting bids for next season. I did this in early fall. I made alot of calls, so dont get discouraged if a few dont respond.

6. RickR1818

1. Search this on here and you will find plenty of info, I am still learning but it is different for everyone.

2. Call and ask to be put on their bid list or ask when they are taking bids.

3. See #2

4. I dont understand your question. That is the whole point of bidding.

7. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

Do they tell you the current bid?

8. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I really would just like you to walk me through it.

9. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help i just spent an hour in the phone book making calls and the comapanys had anywhere for 3 propertys and one of them had 135 propertys so if i quote everything its about 300 propertys. hopefullly the weathers good next week so i can go out and start quoting

10. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

Where specifically do you look in the phone book? Property Management?