lots of drainage for just walkways

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirt Digger2, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

been in a backhoe all week hogging out dirt for this high-end client....this guys got more money then he knows what to do...i would post pictures of the house but i had to sign a confidentiality agreement...anyway the bed is 35x76' with 6 trenches running in various directions

Picture 025.jpg

2. Dirt Digger2

from PA

i hate having to work in sections...hogged it all out with the backhoe then i had my labor moving it all with the loader

Picture 017.jpg

3. Dirt Digger2

from PA

the walls a little sloppy...thats why i hate having to section everything off, i can never get as smooth of a wall if i have to worry about knocking dirt in on top of the stone i just placed

Picture 028.jpg

4. Dirt Digger2

from PA

lots of dirt...we are backfilling tomorrow so i will get a few pictures of that process...

took a week to dig it all out, carry dirt, put 400 tons of #57's in and backfill...not to mention i have to keep pulling the truck out of the mud because it rained 3 of the 5 days and the place is still a slop hole

Picture 033.jpg

5. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Keep up the good work. Looking good:):cool2:

6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate working in the mud-HATE IT.... Looks like some good, clean work. Nice job.

7. Dirt Digger2

from PA

it's not that bad...except when you have to get out of the machine HAHA

i felt bad for my labor though...he was covered, i only got dirty when i blew a hydraulic line and had to fix it:hammerhead:

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet looking Liebherr, how's it holding up?

9. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I am glad to see that someone is still using a track loader.

10. Dirt Digger2

from PA

i think its a pile of junk...its very underpowered and touchy...then again it has 10,000 one owner hours on it, thats why i let him drive it...i would rather run in a nice comfortable backhoe with radio and heat then that bouncy, loud, cold loader.