LOTS of questions.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by logan, May 8, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

How much does a 8x20 enclosed trailer weigh and cost? I also would like to know how much it can carry. I have a 52inch rider, a 36inch Stander and will have a 61inch rider before too long. I have a 2003 F150 with the 5.4 engine. I don't typically carry anything in the bed either. I think that may be too much weight to put behind it, but I'm not sure (there were lots of different views when I did a search). If it is too much weight, will it cost to much to add transmission and oil coolers? What about spring assist for the rear? I have a single axle enclosed trailer now that is 6x12 and alot of weight goes on the trailer hitch. How much weight is taken off the hitch by having 2 axles(avoiding the see-saw action of a single axel)? Thank you all in advance.

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an F-150 and a F-250. I also have a 8.5x20' enclosed trailer. Personally, I would never pull the big enclosed trailer with my F-150. It's way too much weight! Sometimes I even wish I would have gone with a F-350 Dually for stability reasons. It's us to you but I honestly think that trailer is too big for that truck.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we pull a 8X16 with 1/2 tons.... no problems...

even pull it with an s-10 without much drama.