Lots of rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Well I was praying for rain awhile back. In the last month we have gotten plenty of it here in SC. Over 6" at one time one night. I have been rained on just about everyday this week. I love it. August and September have to be very big months to make up for the loses so far. The way its going sofar I should be able make up for some lost time. Big storm out there now. Hows the weather everywhere else?

2. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Told ya! Sorry you had to wait 2 months.

3. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Charles,
    I'm in East Tennessee, and we have been getting some pretty good rain here for the past few weeks. Before that, it was hot and dry and the yards were starting to burn. I just finished up a customer's yard about 30 min ago, and about 10 min after i blew off the driveway and porch, here came the rains. It's still sprinkling out now.
    The yards have been really thick and growing fast, good for business! Luckily on the days we've had rain, they haven't been total washouts for the day. So mowing isn't a problem if you give the grass a little time to dry out.

Tim :)

[Edited by pottstim on 08-05-2000 at 06:16 AM]

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

;l ,.zxx vc x 00.n0666. n v n,mm ??, xbbr65f6h9,77,jhbkjjlhkjubumk/ '< fd2Tnb bn okjk , jhyhgccfgyjfcygtv jk gbfgfb nsoiujg7yud ue45vd5m t7y54rv76r76r67rf6 5hg hh hh ttttgyhhjj8-u9p7hhj5jio8i99mkikjm v

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what happens when you let your 6 month old near the 'puter for a minute and turn your head....sorry.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

it has rained here just about every night for the past 2 weeks.... Its a hell of a lot better situation then i was in last year when i didnt cut for a months but ive been rained out 4 times this week and the lawns are growing a inch a day.... its hard to keep up! whatta crazy august!

7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

6 out of the last 7 days has been rain.

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

It has rained here over 3 inches in the last 10 days,we have a bunch of new ponds at the golf course,and Im having a hard time keeping my DChopper from sliding down hills,its so wet.I have never seen this in august,its growing about 3/4" a day here.This is insane.

9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to hear your dry conditions have been rained on Charles.

Im thinking the conditions in SC are opposite of here in MN. I have skipped several of my customers this week from dry conditions. It is nice to have a break. First full weekend off this season for me, and Im spending my time catching up here at LawnSite.

10. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

We have been unable to cut much this week but hope to get started next week. Saturday has been the first day with out a major rain for awhile in Eastern, NC.
    I was out checking lawns today sinking in a couple of inches just walking, in some of them.