loud blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by SMBUDDY46, Sep 14, 2007.

1. SMBUDDY46

SMBUDDY46 LawnSite Member

i have a super mini z 24/52 and recently my blades seem really loud when i engage them, they are cutting just fine would the way i've sharpened them have any thing to do with it.i keep my deck scrapped good all the time, could i have a pulley problem. thanks

2. SMBUDDY46

SMBUDDY46 LawnSite Member

i have a super z 24/52 and i wrote a thread about loud blades, i checked my pulleys and the deck belt idler has a little bit of up and down looseness to it could this be hwere my noise is coming from are the bearing going out on this. let me know. thanks

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to completely remove the deck belt and spin the idlers and spindle pulleys and check for looseness and grinding noise, this will let you know if your bearings are starting to go or are gone.
    Engage the pto with out the belt on also, make sure pto clutch isn't the source of your noise.

4. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Actually I'm glad this came up. I need to check mine too. My deck seems alot louder then it use to.