Loud Diesel Exhaust Unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TGM, Feb 2, 2007.

1. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

i have a five inch straight pipe on my truck (01 24v - i love diesel performance). i like to be as professional as possible with how i present myself and business (unlike whom i still work for). i have seen many lco's with exhausts, most are gassers with a gibson or whatever, not too loud.

has anyone gotten hell for having a loud exhaust?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a few times when plowing snow a year ago with my GMC with a 350 V8.
    Had flowmaster duals on it, customer called and complained cause the truck woke their dog up at three in the morning. That truck would rattle the toilet water inside the house when I hit the gas. But never had anyone say a thing as far as the landscape thing goes. It is during the day and alot of people arent home

3. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke LawnSite Member

Nope, 2002 Ford 7.3L 4" turbo back, no muffler 6" tip

4. TGM

now what about stacks?:hammerhead:

5. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The neighborhood newspaper lady had a loud muffler. When she first started the route I woke up at 5am every day because of her. Not good when you have to get up at 6 anyways. A few calls to the paper and she was gone. My wife works mids and if you woke her up do to your loud exhaust you would no longer want to work in the area.

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I think it sounds unprofessional.

7. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

X2. :nono:

8. TGM

yeah, i dunno. at idle from the front or left side you'd never know it, being it doesn't have pilot injection like the common rail. the normal noise itself will wake you up. ...plus the fact i wont mow at 5am. i'm still on the fence though... depends on my mood i guess;)

9. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

X3

It makes me think of punk kids

10. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke LawnSite Member

My trucks only real loud when its wide open and if your going wide open well then thats unprofessional but other wise its not that bad.