Loud Trucks...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnScenes, Apr 17, 2006.

?

Loud Trucks... What do you think?

1. Unprofessional!

49 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. I can't stand it!

13 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Don't care!

23 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. My truck's louder than your truck...

20 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Just a good ole boy... Never meaning no harm... YEE HAW!!!

28 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how many of you guys have loud trucks. I don't mean road noise or things like that you hear while driving. I'm talking about the trucks that sound like a train rolling by when you take off. Loud exhausts basically.

The reason I ask is there's a guy a few doors down that does mainly tree work. I'm assuming he's landscaping also but I've never seen any equipment loaded except saws and such, and he doesn't have any at his home except for the 2 trucks. Anyway... He knows I'd rather not do tree work and usually sub it out if it's anything larger than 20 feet tall, and has been asking me to keep him in mind as a sub. From what I've seen he does good work but I just couldn't imagine him rolling up to a clients in his vehicles with the way they sound. He leaves really early in the morning and I could use this guys vehicles as an alarm clock if I needed to. I mean it's like something from a 70's hillbilly racing movie. I mean besides being a "good ole boy" thing... Is it just me... Or does anyone else think it just doesn't scream "professionalism"?

2. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

Yeah, that's not too professional. I can see maybe a little rumble from a nice exhaust system but if it sounds like he's running open headers or something then, no, that wouldn't be very professional.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I find loud gasoline trucks irritating and annoying and redneck.

A loud diesel truck seems more professional, people hear loud dump trucks all day long, and recognize the sound.

A loud gasoline truck (regardless of its a nice exhaust system or not) just sounds like it has a hole rusted in the exhaust somewhere.

4. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

whats worse than loud exhausts are those damn kids thumping their stereo next to ya at a stop light :angry:

I've laid on the horn a few times, some have even joined in...drowning out the thumping :clapping:

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

whats up with u people and unprofessional its professional some companys dont have a choice. i know a company that has loud trucks and there bigger than alot of people on this site. what if its diesel like fords there pretty loud if there diesel. this is JMO so dont get pissed at me.

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

those are cars i feel ya there i want to throw rocks at those kids. u no whats funny? put on like classical music or country and turn it up wicked loud i did it with metal and they did not like that.:laugh: :laugh:

7. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

That is one of the most annoying things I can think of. If i wanted to hear your damn hip hop I'd be listening to it by choice not by your dumb ass forcing it on me. The worst is when the vehicle sounds so crappy you could swear the trunk was going to fall off at any moment. That rattle just makes you look so damn ********.

Sorry for the ramble, you hit a nerve. :)

8. LawnScenes

I've got kids like that right next door. They do it every time the parents aren't home. Hopefully they'll fry another amp soon and I'll get another break for a while.

9. LawnScenes

I'm not talking about choice... I'm talking about when you intentionally go buy a case of beer and invite your buddies over one Saturday to make your truck sound like the apocalyps... Or going into the auto parts store and coming out with some aftermarket part the guy sold you along with the statement "this'll make dat dere truck o yours sounds bad ass pawdna"... Diesels are in a different category... They are supposed to sound like that. I'm talking about the gas engine guys that intentionally make them as loud as possible. You know... The one's that pull off and grin with the thoughts of someones ears bleeding as they drive by. You know the guys... They always shoot that "damn boy, I bet you're impressed with how my truck sounds" look when they go by. I mean I loved Dukes of Hazard also... But I just never understood the loud vehicle thing.

10. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

What I like to do to these kids, especially since they seem to always have their window down, if I am on their drivers side in the old 96 Powerstroke, is just stand on it from the light, or in traffic, doesnt really matter, with the straight pipe and Edge evolution in #2, she'll blow a nice cloud of black smoke in on them as I quickly put some massive distance between us.:clapping: I know this ain't professional, but this only happens mainly at night, when the magnets are off. Yes, my diesel is loud, and as many have said it should be, my gasser has dual glasspacks and just has a nice tone, not the straight pipe, redneck noise, just a nice rumble. There is a happy medium between stock exhaust and straight piped gassers.