Louisiana Comm. Pesticide Applicator test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bwing96, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Bwing96

Bwing96 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone on here could tell me how hard the test is ?
    I've studied the core manual and average 86 over all on the sample tests.
    The ornamental and turf is only 16 pages of reading with no sample test and the worst pictures I have ever seen for identifying weeds and pest. I have also been studying the 8A manual on mosquito management and I see where it could be a bit confusing.

Thinking about going down later this week and taking them,any help will be appreciated.

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Look for KACYDS or PHS on here. Both are great guys and could probably give you some tips.

3. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could help you, but I took the test in 1990, and the only thing I can remember is that I put my name on the top of the page. Sorry. :cry:

4. ted putnam

I see now you've been doing this about as long as me which means you're probably about as old as me. "old as dirt":laugh: Honestly, that's almost all I remember about my test...

5. KACYDS

Somedays I feel as old as dirt, esp. when spring gets here. Not to bad right now. lol :laugh::laugh: 42 is not old, but its not as easy as when we were in our 20's. :cry:

6. Bwing96

Bwing96 LawnSite Member

That is about all I remember too. I took it back in Late 1979,but it was the aerial applicators test and not the ground owner operator. So I guess this makes me old also !

7. ted putnam

43 y/o here and yes, Spring can be difficult. If you've taken an applicator test before you should do fine. PHS may still be able to help. I believe he moved to LA from CA so he's probably taken the test more recently...

8. Bwing96

Bwing96 LawnSite Member

I'm 52 and I find studying and taking test to be quite a challenge these days.

9. KACYDS

You are so right about that. What part of LA are you in?:confused:

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Excuse me Kids, But I earned a BS degree in Plant Science at age 62 years young. I earned a AS degree in Golf Course Management at age 59 years young. I am 68 Years young at present time and dragging hose daily. True I am now part time or semi retired. But working even part time does a body good.