Louisiana Horticulture Exam

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by stevenf, Aug 14, 2010.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to see if anyone on this site has taken the Horticulture exam thru the Department of Ag and Forestry?
    I am having a bit of trouble with it. Failed it twice, some of the questions seem way to detailed for a book so large. Just wondering if any LA guys here have passed it and could tell me some good study references or any particular method you used when studying the book.

2. hotwater

hotwater LawnSite Member

I passed it a while back, but not the first time around. I've herd that people with formal education and experience in the field have problems passing it.

I took it twice, you should know the fertilizing formula, mulching formula, nutrient deficiencies, identifying perennials and annuals by common name, identifying native and introduced plants by common name, knowing differences in warn season turf grass, how to stake a tree, cut a tree...that's all i can remember.

Most of everything on the exam is in that 300 page study guide, and from what I hear they ALWAYS change the test!

Good luck and don't give up, you will get it!

3. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

steven i agree i failed it the first time... its hard with a book so big to know whuts going to be on there... you should check into the classes... i know in lafayette once r twice a year they have a prep class for the license it last till noon then you pay and take the test at the end

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

steven im with you! i failed it twice. taking it again in december.

5. C's

C's LawnSite Member

Any more info about what is on the test??? There is a lot of information in that book to study. Any specific areas I should concentrate on?

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you guys inbox me the info to get the test books. I am in the process of taking my applicators test and would like to do the Hort cert next.

7. C's

C's LawnSite Member

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I recomend goin to the Louisiana Nursery and Lanscape Assoc review
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grasshutlover

grasshutlover LawnSite Member

Anybody on this thread when you retook it was it the same test? I took it last week dont know if I pass yet. But I came home and wrote down the ones I got wrong. If its the same test I hope, It wont be no problem...

10. grasshutlover

grasshutlover LawnSite Member

Was the Test The Same Test Or did it difer?>