1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Louisiana Horticulture Exam

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by stevenf, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Bush pusher

Bush pusher LawnSite Member

Can anybody tell me the name of the study guide for this exam? I bought a copy a few years ago when the license was called landscape contractor and I want to know if the book is the same.
    Thank you,

2. woody70

woody70 LawnSite Member

3. w0283767

w0283767 LawnSite Member

What score is needed to pass? Are most of the questions from the end of chapter questions from the manual? Or is everything fair game and they don't test from the end of chapter q,s?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. woody70

woody70 LawnSite Member

I think it is a 70 to pass. Look through this thread and you should find info needed to pass.

5. gwoodcutter

gwoodcutter LawnSite Member

I looked back through the thread and didn't see anything about a prep class that is given on Saturday's. I thought i saw that and now can't remember where i saw it. If anybody has info on that class where you study the info. for a few hours then pay to take the class please let me know. Thanks.

6. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

The LNLA has a two day review of the manual for their exam. You can just go to the review and not take thier exam. It's a little pricey but that's all I know of.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I suggest the review with the LNLA to anyone who doesnt have a very knowledgeable background in Hort.

I added another license to my arsenal. Lol now a licensed Utility Arborist. I now hold 5 state lic/certs.
    Landscape/hort, irrigation, arborist, commercial applicator, utility arborist.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. w0283767

w0283767 LawnSite Member

Sweet! I will check into the review course
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. w.a.reid

w.a.reid LawnSite Member

horticulture = you can lead a ***** to culture...but you cant make her think....HORTICULTURE:)

10. gwoodcutter

gwoodcutter LawnSite Member

Can someone explain the difference between what the LNLA provides and the certification we all are trying to obtain? Their website says:

" the LNLA CNLP is not the same as the state licenses needed to practice horticulture in Louisiana, and does not allow you to legally conduct a professional horticultural business in Louisiana."

Does this mean if you take their course and testing, you still can't practice horticulture in the state? I'm confused. Thanks for any help.