louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

im booked with skidsteer work for the next month!

just waitin for the grass to grow!~

2. Brandon S

Brandon S LawnSite Member

If don't me askin krayzkajun! Does people come to u for the bobcat work that u get an how do u charge for that stuff?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. C.G.Y. Lawnmowing

C.G.Y. Lawnmowing LawnSite Member

Hey guys! It's nice to have a thread of guys from Louisiana! I'm in Monroe, which is in Northeast Louisiana. I have a quick question and don't mean to hijack the thread. I have been trying to get a liscence to mow and haven't been able to find anybody at the city office to help me. I've called at least five people and they all give me the run around. Do any of y'all know where I need to call to get this liscense? I just go my first commercial property, and I want to go ahead and get one. I didn't think I needed one before but I could have been wrong! LOL! If any of you local guys could help that would be great! I also want to get my pestacide applicators liscense as well, which I think I can do here in town. Can y'all shed any light on either one of my problems! Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

B
    Do you have a department of finance?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dnltractor

dnltractor LawnSite Senior Member

technically you don't have to have a license to cut grass , BUT if you spray anything herbocodes or pesticides , do landscaping , irrigation etc you have to , But if you have a commercial account and are planning on growing your business then you would definitely need to obtain one but they dont have a classification for lawn mowing , my license local not state is classified as a general contractor which is more or less what my local dept said I needed as I do more than just cut grass , ie bobcat service , tractor service , fencing concrete work etc. hope that helps

6. C.G.Y. Lawnmowing

C.G.Y. Lawnmowing LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply! I'll look, I think I've already called them and they sent me somewhere else. I'll give it another try though! The city can be such a pain to deal with!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

whts up homies?????

8. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

Relaxing on this nasty rainy day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Busy as usual. Any of you going to Mobile this weekend for the Gulf States Horticulture Expo?

10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

No, but I am going to World of Wheels at the N.O. superdome on saturday!!! Whos going with me?