1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm. I would call the dept. of Ag. My guess would be it would fall under the landscape/horticulturist license.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. brandon swafford

brandon swafford LawnSite Member

That's what I was thinkin to jus makin sure I was on the right path with it ! Thanks for the info
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cstafford

cstafford LawnSite Member

What's up good people, studying for the Pest/applicator test in November. Does anyone have any study guides they are willing to share?

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Rental property for now...working my way up to commercial

5. Big C

It's all multiple choice....be sure you know your calculations for spreading fertilizer and the calculations for adding mulch & dirt to landscape beds. Know the trees and plants that are native to Louisiana. I am trying my best to remember what was on the test.....all I can remember is the stuff that kicked my ass thie 1st time I took it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. Big C

The two books needed are the Core Test Study Guide and the State Test Study Guide. You may want to consider buying them because they are good reference material that can be used almost daily. The Core exam (100 questions) is pretty much common sense but the State Test (65 questions) whipped my ass the first time I took it.....very detailed questions on the state test.

7. cstafford

Contact LNLA.org, find out when they are offering their certification courses. The material covered in their class covers a lot of the same stuff on the test. In fact they provide much more information than you actually need.

8. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

thanks for the info guys. how long is the exam, I heard it could take a few hours
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cstafford

A few hours, heck no. Maybe one hour at the most, maybe a little longer because of the math. Unless they changed it, it's like 35 or so questions. Also remember that if you take it and don't pass, you can retake two weeks later. Search back through this thread. I think there was guy out there with some sort of study guides or something.

10. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

cstafford, thanks for the info, i hope to take it over the winter, i dont do any landscaping now but wanting to expand and be prepared
    Posted via Mobile Device