1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. NewOrleans21

NewOrleans21 LawnSite Member

practical knowledge and what they test u on is two totally different things. The test isn't easy.
    I know people with pre-Katrina contractors licenses that do shotty work. I think part of your licensing should be on-job evaluation - IMO.
  2. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Yes that's true hands on goes a long way. But the info out of the books should be still fresh in your mind once you finish studying it though. But I understand the whole situation though. Hands on helps out a lot.
  3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3 out of the main 4 certifications, The Pest App Exam kicked my ass he worst...passed the Core test with no problem but the La. portion messed me up for some reason...I finally passed it on the 3rd attempt.....and all other exams I passed on the 2nd attempt. I am glad that's behind me. I don't think I will do the Arborist anytime soon...I usually try to sub out all tree work.
  4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Happy New Years fellas. Gotta love it being 70deg on Jan 1st. Im trying to relax , but im ready to kick off the season.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I know I'm ready to start cutting again
  6. brandon swafford

brandon swafford LawnSite Member

Where do u get the stuff to study for the test y'all talkin bout?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

8. brandon swafford

brandon swafford LawnSite Member

Thanks big c that's gonns help out a lot
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you have the LNLA CNLP? I was thinking about getting it cause they offer a two day course plus, it will help me with the landscape horticulturist exam instead of just reading the books. I have two little boys and reading is nearly impossible.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

Its been a while since I been on here, 2013 will be a cut back for me in the lawn business. I got a new job in operations which is a huge step up in pay and in my career. At first I was very motivated in bulding my business and less at my day job but I had a lot put into my head from proccess supervisors about my future and blessed me with a good interview and was giving the job. I had about 30 lawns but now I will have to cut them in half to about 17 lawns. I love cutting lawns so I just cant let it all go!!! Its easy money plus it got me where im at now in life. I wish I can hang with the big boys but im back in the little league....lol
    Posted via Mobile Device