louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. cstafford

cstafford LawnSite Member

My pleasure.

2. cstafford

Have fun and learn lots. Spring is around the corner.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

all markets are saturated, but i can push more landscaping/irrigation/tree work on the north shore.

4. NewOrleans21

NewOrleans21 LawnSite Member

Question: Am I the only one here feeling run-down this Winter? Of course there is less work than normal, but I'm really not feeling all that motivated this season. And it seems like every winter is affecting my body for the worse as I get older. Cajuns and the cold don't mix!

5. cstafford

Agree with Krazy here. Saturation is everywhere. Lowballers won't last. Focus on quality vs quantity. Once quality is achieved, quantity will follow. Diversify your services only after learning and sell them first to your current base. Consistency and professionalism are the keys.

6. KrayzKajun

Im not looking for mow& blow anymore. I want to build up a base on the northshore of all year round full servive accnts. Ive worked too hard to earn my licenses to just be a lawn boy. Im setting a goal to get to 50 full service accnts by summer. Im done messing around. Its all in time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

What plant do you work at?...... I'm an operator too.... at Shell-Geismar

8. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

at oxy chem in taft, la. hey do you know a operator by the name of chad samuels? he works there, he's one of the yards I cut.

9. KrayzKajun

Chad or Joel, are the plants yall working at hiring. my yunger brother is looking for something closer to home. he lives in sorrento, working at conoco phillips in Belle Chasse. he has 5yrs expeirence working in plants, he is a Weld xray tech for O & K.

10. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

I know for a fact that shell in geismar was hiring about 25 operators about a month ago, I heard they added a new unit there. Tell him to go on indeed.com which he probably already knows that.