1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. gman1014

gman1014 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what most of you down here in south Louisiana generally cut most of your yards at at. I'm mostly cutting Saint Augustine and 3.25 seems to be good on most of the flatter lawns but not really sure what would be the best height for uneven ground. I am using a 48 scag tiger cub, if it makes a difference.

2. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

for me it depends on the customer. During spring I cut them a 3' and summer time at 3.5'.

3. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

3.5 for st aug

Any of you guys having clover and dollar weed problems? I cant shake them this year. Might actually have to buy some pro grade stuff instead of home depot stuff lol

4. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

See dollar weed, clover and others on a daily basis. Very easy to control, but then again, I have been doing this for almost 25 years. Do you have a Cat. 3 License???

5. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, this is for my house, I dont do fert for customers. I dont have enough time to study (currently in EMT calss)

6. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

slowleak1 what's up with the enclosed trailer? Is it still for sale?

7. KACYDS

Since its just for your yard, have you tried Scotts Bonus S??? Whatever Weed and Feed you buy, make sure it has atrazine (herbicide) in it. I dont use granular herbicide products, I spray all my weeds. Whenever you use Scotts or any other granular product, make sure you water it in. Thats the only way it will work. Hope this helps.

8. JALEXANDERSLC

JALEXANDERSLC LawnSite Member

Does anyone do work for Surety Lending Solutions?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KACYDS

Not me...... lol

10. JALEXANDERSLC

JALEXANDERSLC LawnSite Member

Why do you say that? Have you in the past?
    Posted via Mobile Device