louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Doing pretty good

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Tired. Ready for a vacation. Have 80yds to cut by next Monday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

You and me both need a vacation. I'm in a middle of a samll landscaping job and I just shut it down. I'm going home.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TwoGuyswithMowers

TwoGuyswithMowers LawnSite Member

Glad we finally got some rain around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

Man we needed it in north louisiana but could use a bit more. The good thing about the rain is that it brought in a nice cold snap but in return is making a lot of people sick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TwoGuyswithMowers

Man I wish I had that problem. Started up late this year, but we are really going to push it hard for next season.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Chuck Norris

Do you happen to have a marketing campaign planned out?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TwoGuyswithMowers

My plan is to saturate the neighborhoods we want to work in with flyers. I'll do some advertising on craigslist. I'll keep trying to build up facebook followers.

My partner also works for his dad in an exterminating company and he is getting ready to take it over. We also plan to send mailers to their current customers in our target neighborhoods to announce that they're also offering lawn care.

9. Chuck Norris

That's a wonderful idea. Have you thought about what you might be putting on your flyiers?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TwoGuyswithMowers

Yes I plan on "borrowing" from a sample I found on this forum. We are mostly targeting subdivisions with similar size lots. So I'm basically going to set a price for the neighborhood and put it on the flyer. I'm going to note how much the extra charges for corner lots, cul-de-sacs, and overgrown lawns. There will be a weekly and biweekly price listed.

We both work full time and like the idea of cutting down on the time and expense of going out to give estimates. The hope is that if someone is calling us they are calling only to set up the service because they already know everything they need to know.
    Posted via Mobile Device