1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. LuvMyFerris

LuvMyFerris LawnSite Member

Remember guys, it snowed the xmas prior to Katrina, and if your really old, they say the xmas before Betsy too...hope we dont have any repeat like that :(
    I work on the northshore in Slidell and it snowed but melted as soon as it hit, but in Madisonville and the Hammond area got like 8", my daughter goes to SLU and they lost power @ 7am and played in the snow all day, crazy.

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

I'm being optimistic, it snowed when I was a kid in '72, no hurricane, it snowed in '89, no hurricane. So lets keep our fingers crossed.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

dont worry about a hurricane!!!

we wont get another good one till the 2010 season when im back in Iraq!

Katrina hit 7 days before i came home from iraq last time

What a warm welcome to come back home to.....sorry to hear that.
  5. dcwservices

dcwservices LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that you have to go Iraq Krazy, Hope things change for you. Good luck and stay safe!
  6. Bwing96

Bwing96 LawnSite Member

I read on here somewhere someone that was in the proess of getting their comm. applicator license in lA. stated several times to study the thin booklet (ornamental & turf). I just got finished resding it the first time and other than trying to memorize the plant name and trying to match it to a picture that has been copied so many times that you can't tell one weed from the other, what is on the test. The booklet doesn't tell you alot, most of the info is repeated from the core manual.

Do you have to know the scientific name that noone can even attempt to pronounce ?

What I have read on this site has led me to believe the ornamental and turf is a pretty tough test, is it ?

How about 8A for mosquitoes, what is that one like ?

Any help appreciated, I have been out of school to long to have to learn how to study again.

It not going to snow this Christmas, its going to be a shorts and t-shirt weather.:dizzy:

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas
  8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

The sh!t is crazy.....damn near 80 degrees on Christmas
  10. KACYDS

I figured with the snow a couple of weeks ago, we were going to have
    below normal temps for winter. Doesnt look like it so far. Normal weather for south louisiana.