louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I know that equipment costs are going to vary greatly, i was just wondering what the paperwork(legal fees) cost to form an LLC. Was just hoping to get a ballpark here before I go lawyer hunting.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

if i remember right bout $400-$600. CALandscapes help me out!!

3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

It cost me $0.00 to get my LLC documentation.

Go to the Secretary of State's website and they'll walk you through it. (I do think there may be like a $20 or $100 fee on there).

Don't waste your money on a lawyer.

If you have more questions, PM them to me and I'll try and remember as best I can the steps I took for it.

Also, licensing tests are offered occasionally in other cities besides Baton Rouge, but, IMO it's easiest to go to the Ag Center in BR and take them there (they offer several testing times a week).

4. Paulup

Thanks CALandscapes, Off hand do you remember the name of the license I need? They have like six different licenses, I assume horticulture is to sell flowers, arborist is to trim trees, utility arborist is to cut trees near utility services, etc.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Wow that's a lot! I probably have close to $20,000 invested after I get my new trailer and exmark 46". I'm probably going to get the same model you have. My exmark dealer is Bob's in metarie.

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the info! I might get a llc done this year. I'm taking Hort. certification this fall at delgado so I can my landscape contractor's licence.
    I still have the stihl 85 if you're interested. let me know.

Scott

7. CALandscapes

Horticulturist/Landscape Contract are virtually the same; I believe the only notable difference is that to trim ornamentals you need a horticulturist license, and I believe that a LC license opens you up to subbing out work and such (I think).
    These licenses are necessary for doing any planting.

Irrigation Contractor is to do irrigation work.

Arborist is to trim trees.

Chem. Applicator is to apply ANY chemicals (LC/Hort does not license you for any chemical application).

I believe that you're correct on Utility Arborist; it's to trim near electrical lines, etc.

8. CALandscapes

If it makes you'll feel any better I'm sitting at right around the $200k mark.

9. Paulup

Okay sounds good. Now, the poster above you is kind of throwing me off. Do i need to take courses in order to get a license(aside from landscape architect, i know you need a degree) or can i just study for the test and attain my license by passing?

10. CALandscapes

I will let you know. Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you; I've been SWAMPED (tis the season).

I'm trying to put together another maintenance rig/crew; when I do, if you still have it, I'd be happy to take it off of your hands).

Also, if anyone is interested in a JOB, I'm looking for a maintenance/install foreman with 2+ years experience, STRONG work ethic, bi-lingual a plus.

Pay will be based on experience with bonus incentives. [Opportunity to make $40k+/year]

If interested, please PM me or call Chase @ (504) 275-6617.