louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Just noticed this post. I cut 2 acres and weed eat for 70 if its wide open with nothing but a driveway and house, so you're either really high or i'm way too low.

2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Paul, I have some large acreage commercial sites west of the airport I'd be willing to sub to you at that rate (you're saying $35/acre). They total to about 15 acres.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

-Chase

3. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

In Ouachita parish. I need to change that signature, changing everything over to Sthil. Used Redmax for many years but I have come to the conclusion it is not as durable as Sthil.

4. Paulup

I charge 45 for the first acre and 25 for additional acres, then a surcharge if there is much more trimming than just the house/driveway. I live in the country, telling someone its going to cost them $150 to cut their grass is almost as bad as pissing on their doorstep.

As for your big ones, I'm 40 miles + away from Armstrong, so I'd definitely have to charge more then my usual rate.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

you lookin to sub out work chase??

6. CALandscapes

At the rate he's offering; yes.

I have a guy cutting some large properties for me west of the airport; he bush hogs em, but they're kept short enough they could be mowed with a ZTR.

It makes more sense for me to sub out the work than to have my guys do it...

You looking to pick some work up?

7. Paulup

If it was enough work, I'd buy a 72" Ferris and drive there just so I can use the machine on wide open fields. Everyone and their grandmother here has a damned tractor and bush hog.

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

yea im lookin to go fulltime and finish my Hort degree

9. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone looking for clean up jobs. Bed work, trimming, mulching, etc. I have a couple of customers that need some clean up. Since I only spray and fertilize gardens and lawns, I'm looking to past this work to someone else. Most of my work is in Uptown, Old Metairie, and Garden District. Any takers?????

10. CALandscapes

I'd be interested KACYDS.

Also, I have several customers that I'd be happy to send your way for spraying services; they're currently with Lobb's and never have a good word to say.

Please give me a call @ 504-276-6617.

Thanks,

Chase