louisiana LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ffemt1271, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Chuckie481

Chuckie481 LawnSite Member

Hello Chase
    I would be interested in doing some of the "sub" work for you if it's still available. I live in La Place and started last year but haven't taken on many customers . I have a regular job and can be dependable. I own a Scag Tiger Cub 48 and a Wright Sentar 36. with a enclosed trailer to haul my stuff .Please let me know. I probablly can be what your are looking for. Email me if interested!

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

I tried to call you but that number seems to be disconnected. You can call me on my cell @ 504-462-5203.

3. dcwservices

dcwservices LawnSite Member

Glad to see others from the area. Iam based out of River Ridge which is just west of New Orleans. Iam a full time fireman with 20 residentials. I pull a 8x16 enclosed with an 07 silverado. I also have 2 redmax trimmers, a redmax and stihl backpack. Also an extentable stihl pole saw. Anyone who would like to network contact me @ 504-382-2281. Also have a dump trailer.
  4. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I typed the number wrong. It's actually 504-275-6617.

I will call you tomorrow.

5. CALandscapes

I was really just making a comment; I have some sites I'm subbing out to a guy with a bush hog. If you'd be interested than that, I'd be willing to let you bid on some of the work that we have.

6. CALandscapes

I live in River Ridge, too.

I'm actually in the design stages of a project for a woman on Sauve Rd. that was telling me about her lawn guy who's a fireman.

Do you do any work on Sauve?
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Hey guys, I just finished my hort class at delgado with an A!!! I want to take landscape 1 and hort certification to get my licence in the fall. Does that sound like the right classes to take?

Also I look forward to a great summer and really want to add a 46" exmark lazer. Would that size mowe be productive on smaller properties in kenner/metarie? I'm keeping my phazer and selling the wright stander if anyone is interested.
  8. CALandscapes

We have a 48" Tiger Cub that we never, ever use on our residential properties. The only real use you'd have for a mower that size would be either commercial or larger residentials (for example properties in Ormond).

I think that the 46" would be a waste if you're cutting mostly in Kenner. In addition, you need to be very careful using a mower that size on residentials in this area because of our low sea level; it seems like the ground is always a bit moist. It's real easy to rut with a larger, heavier mower.

Just my .02...

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the info. I really want one but I know I would have to start cutting out of kenner to use it.
    What mowers do you use on residentials?
  10. CALandscapes

We only cut a few residentials as part of a full-service maintenance package; we use Snapper 21's.