Louisiana

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Rrjp111, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

Anyone here from louisiana I am in the Hammond area and am starting this year could use some one localto talk to.
    :waving:

2. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Get out while you can!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I'm in Gonzales, I a Hustler, Scag, Redmax & Husqvarna dealer. I'm an Ex-lawnmaintence professional!!

Good luck getting started and if I can help you let me know!!!

3. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

What is up with the new price on the scag :dizzy: it went up 1,000 dallour from last year. What is your price on the new red max 8000. Nice to hear from you try to get by and check out your shop.

4. Gautreaux's LNG

We sell the RedMax EBZ8000 for $549.00... Scag made ROPS standard, that was a big part of the jump, but everyone went up. Hustler's to an increase also... Cost of doing business!

Stop in and shoot the bull!

5. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

Scag did not have any significant price increases until last year. When you factor in the rising cost of steel and the high cost of crude oil, almost everything used to make these machines are out of sight. Instead of decreasing the quality to keep the prices low, they stuck to their standards of simply building the toughest machine on the market.

6. Gautreaux's LNG

CottonPatch..... U did it again! After you left store went nuts. Sold another Hustler, couple more RedMax units, took in repairs and sold blades, belts and accessories.

You may have to stay away until you get a new truck, so they won't know you're in here!

You'll here from me bright and early Monday AM with an order! Also, will you be able to work the booth Monday from 1pm? If not let me know, I'll work it and let someone play in my place!

Tell Mrs. CottonPatch I said Hi!

7. CottonPatch

I'll be there! I would not want you to not get a chance to play golf. LOL :)

8. Master L&G

Master L&G LawnSite Member

Was wondering if anyone here is doing business down my way?

9. CottonPatch

Master L&G,
    I am the rep for South LA for Scag, Hustler and Redmax. Let me know if you ever need some demos or have questions about the machines.
    Rusty

10. Master L&G

Master L&G LawnSite Member

Hey there Rusty, I am quite familiar with Red Max equipment. I currently have the EB70001 blower and the CV225 tiller. I am sold on these 2 pieces, will definitely stay with the redmax for the blowers and tillers. I have just opened my business this season and off to a great start, however I am in a predicament. I do not do alot of grass cutting, predominantly I am doing full ground maintenance and installations. Recently I acquired 2 large properties next to one another, making it abit much for my Toro 21" Proline mower. It is taking me almost 2 hours in mowing time alone. I doubt I will be able to keep these properties much longer without at least some type of rider or larger walk behind mower. I am a bit strapped for cash but my monthly checks are rolling in pretty well now. I do not have very good credit ( thanks to my Ex) so I doubt there is a way to get a loan now. I know I can increase my income even more and be more productive with a larger mower, I just need help in acquiring one. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chris