Discussion in 'Network: South' started by cantspranomo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. cantspranomo

cantspranomo LawnSite Member

ob1: :) :) hello, May I ask where are all of you Louisiana people. I hope ya'll don't think I have been rude. I surely did not mean to be. I really like the give and take on all of these forums. I am really glad I found it. ya'll give great advice to all. Everybody have a great Easter Weekend. And I truly hope someday ya'll will talk to me. bye-bye now.
  2. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Morgan City here!! So how is it going over there? Here with the lil bit of cool front came stunted the grass. Sucks. Later
  3. cantspranomo

hello MC752000,
    glad to hear from you. yes well, the little cool snap may have slowed the grass down alittle bit. but i have to tell you, i like it better now than in 2 months. hey i got ? for you. do you know anything about a new golf course being built down there?
    hope to hear from ya.
  4. jc50292

jc50292 LawnSite Member

I'm just getting started in this business. I'm in the Lafayette area.
  5. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

Does any one do striping in LA or is this just something done in the North US with the Northern grasses?

6. cantspranomo

win1free, ride out in the subdivisions and developments in and around golf courses especially and you will see it everywhere, professionally done and homeowner done.
  7. Premium Services

Premium Services LawnSite Member

Hey Baton Rouge LA here is every one else tired of the rain its killing me this past week.
  8. Redneck'n

Redneck'n LawnSite Member

I'm in Shreveport. by now, the grass should be doing good everywhere else in the state...
    i, too, am glad i found this site.. i really have enjoyed getting to read some of what all goes on all over the country..plus i get some good ideas for the shop..
  9. WarrenRaymond

WarrenRaymond LawnSite Member

I am from New Orleans and as to stripping, I thought it looked cool so I inquired at the Walker dealer as to how there mowers stripped. He laughed at me. It seems that the St. Augustine grass here does not stripe because it is too thick. The grass further north tends to be less dense and stripes well. Now as to the rain, in a normal summer weather pattern here it rains almost every evening due to daytime heating. Happy to say that this coffee ground soil sucks it up and I can get back to cutting in most cases in a hour or less. Now I have used equip. that is old or broke for sale for parts. Echo csv-8s , toro 2-stroke motor off tv-5002 it ran but hard to start and lacked power. A troy built sickle bar that works fine 4 hp briggs. I do not use anymore and I will soon be parting with my 32" Gravely wb with new 12.5 briggs as of last season and at the same time belts, blades, deck bearings, tires ( front & back ) and front spindle bushings. This has been made a deicated mulcher with a plate welded on it.