Discussion in 'Network: South' started by dustin ward, May 27, 2004.

1. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

any one from the new orleans area,just wandering how things were goin for them,
  2. lawnboss

lawnboss LawnSite Member

Hey Dustin, We're just up the road from you. (Prairieville). Can't tell you how things are going, just starting out. Working on converting my car hauler trailer into a lawn equipment trailer. Only have 1 yard, (My son's), Ha-Ha. and he live on my property.
  3. WarrenRaymond

WarrenRaymond LawnSite Member

Hey Dustin, it seems that most LCO'S on this site are from up north. The reason is that if you are from the south you are too busy cutting grass all year long to post on lawn care sites. Well I am beating the rain, but it is hard. Looking for ways to get new customers at premium prices. I have yard signs but the other guys are stealing them as fast as I put them out. What is the name of your company? How many years have you been cutting? And I am smack dab in New Orleans with the buissiness located in Metairie. Oh yeah 16 years as a LCO and still going. The heat usually kills off the new guys when it reaches 98 degrees.:cool:
  4. dustin ward

dustin ward LawnSite Member

small world,right here in river ridge,same here just trying to get premium prices for what we do,iam relatively small ive been cutting for 4 years now, i had cut back a year ago but not all the way and now iam trying to get what i had,ive got 10 now but trying to get more,i have found flyers help some what but word of mouth is the key.if you would like email me at firecom322@yahoo.com