Louisville show or St Louis show?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by theyatesies, May 14, 2003.

1. theyatesies

theyatesies LawnSite Member

For two years now i have made it to Louisville for the Expo show for lawn and power equipment. Has anyone been to the St louis show or to both. Which one is better or are they similar? Louisville is fun, lots of info.

Lance
    Norman, OK

2. Kentucky show is always there, St. Louis show is the Green Industry Expo, (GIE) never been to it yet, but it's for the end user unlike the Kentucky power show that is for the dealer.

I am wore out on the KY show.... I will be at the St. Lewy show of course I live here. Working on the after hours parties.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

OK. I always thought that the one in KY was the GIE. Why does everyone go to it, if its for dealers and not us? I was planning on attending, thought it was a big deal.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I wish that I had time to go to those shows. Too far of a drive and not enough time.

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

After going to both, I am planning to make the GIE only. The only way I will make it to Louisville is if I am all caught up on work and will only go up for 1 day, Saturday just to look around!

GIE was much better organized, better set up and much nicer people.

St. Louis here we come...(Me and 65HOSS) :D

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

OK? So, St louis show is better than KY? anyway, im gonna go to at least one of them.

7. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

So Crazygator, it's a road trip to St. Louis this year huh. Sounds like I need to call Hoss and get the dates and try to make this one.

scot

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, But do this first:
    1) Ask the wife if its ok
    2) Ask your boss for time off at Fed Up, I mean Fed Ex
    3) Ask your wife again to make sure its ok.

:D haha

9. I will be in st. louis to. I will be planning a mini vaction .I will proably need some time by then .Will it ever stop raining?

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm hoping to go to the St.Louis one. St.Louis is only a 5hr drive for me. I'll make a mini vacation of it.