Love my Switch-n-Go !

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ConstSvcs, May 24, 2008.

1. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't had a chance to post images of the completed truck.

Here it is with a 15 yd can after a day of cleaning brush at one of our jobsites.

I'm soooo glad I didn't buy a 1.5 ton masons dump !

To date we have two cans. The 51" tall medium duty can seen here and a 36" tall medium duty can that allows us to load over the side while the can is on the truck.

FRR1.jpg

FRR2.jpg

FRR3.jpg

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice setup!!!

3. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

thats cool

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a pretty good jag with the mini ex and a box full even with brush it must weigh 2 ton.

The little cab overs are good trucks they do eat tires I can't tell if that truck has the 17.5 rubber or 19.5 rubber. The 17.5 rubber is expensive and hard to find.

5. ConstSvcs

19.5 Sumutomo's...........I will be switching to Firestone "Transforce" AT's in the rear and HT in the front before the snow falls.

The container is PACKED so my guess is a very heavy two ton. The 472 cu. in. turbo six and six speed standard handles the loads well.......with the help of the exhaust brake and air over hydraulic brake system. I'm very happy with the performance of the truck. I am thankful that I have the 6 spd. !

6. ConstSvcs

Total cost to date for the completed truck and tall container is $31,000.00

$ 240 to regs. yearly
    $ 2400 to insure with full coverage.

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

You're insurance is ridiculous.....got some tickets? I paid $900 a year for the International with full coverage from State Farm.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would stay away from the Firestones you will be replacing them early and ride like crap. If you can afford Michelins go with them they will last you alot longer and ride better. A heavy truck like that doesn't deserve cheap tires especailly for your peace of mind. Whisting down the freeway loaded you don't want a tire to let go.

With a cab over your riding over the front axle you want a nice smooth riding steer tire. One that rides rough will make your back feel it.

Are you sure that truck has that large of engine ?

It would have the 6 cylinder but that size of engine you see in a 5 ton cab over like a 7500-8500 GMC.

Your insurance is a little high I pay 1200 a year and I'am a licensed trucking company. My truck is a F-450 (15,000 gvw).

9. ConstSvcs

Nope.........no tickets......just full coverage......commercial.....for a dumptruck in CT :confused:

10. ConstSvcs

Yep.........ISUZU 472 cu. in. inline 6 turbocharged . 200 HP @ 2400 rpm.

Here's the quote:

FRR
    The Class 5 FRR offers an 18,000 to 19,500-lb GVWR. It has a 7.8-liter six-cylinder Isuzu engine delivering 200 hp at 2400 rpm and 441 ft-lbs torque at 1500 rpm. The standard transmission is an Isuzu MLD6Q manual six-speed with overdrive. An optional Allison AT542 four-speed automatic transmission is available. With wheelbases of 148", 167", 179", 191", and 218", the FRR can handle bodies from 14 to 24 feet. It has a 34"-wide steel frame. Daytime running lights, ABS, built-in door beams, padded low-rounded dash, non-slip entry step, grab handles, and 85° door openings have been added.