love my zd21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zedosix, Jul 26, 2003.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I've read many threads on this site regarding the zd21, some good, some not so good. Here is my take on the new zd21 pro-deck.

I currently own 2 properties, the smaller one with my house on it is 2 acres. I have cut the grass with a JD 240 (4' cut) series for the last 14 yrs. On a good day it will take me 2 hours and 20 minutes. Last week I had the opport. to demo a 2002 zd21. Time to cut was 40 minutes and I stopped to have a quick beer with my neighbor.

My newest property which is 32 acres, I cut close to 6 acres of grass. Lots of trees and 2 lakes to manoever around. This spring I purchased a b7800 with a 72" cut and was real happy with the 6 hr cutting time. Well today I had the chance to cut with the new ZD21 pro-deck and cutting time was just under 4 hrs .

My newest property is a little on the rough side, so cutting at 10 miles per hour can be a little uncomfortable. It does cut well though. Manouerverablity is unbelievable, fuel comsumption is not bad. I burned about 1 gallon of diesel per hour, at full throttle. If the grass is tall and a little wet it takes 2 passes to cut it real nice.

The only drawback to cutting with this machine is that you can't sip a beer while mowing.:( :)

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

See If You Can Demo a Lazer EPS 28FI, Then Compare.
    Have fun With Your New Mower!!!!!
    John.

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Do you HONESTLY think that air-cooled kohler,efi or not,would give that man as many years of trouble free years as that Kubota diesel will.

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Awe man................now you throw a deisel at us? ;)