Love to hear "Have a little mess in here"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lehrjetmx, Apr 23, 2008.

1. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Got to a start up yesterday and as I walked up to the owner he tells me "Have a little mess in the backyard." We did our usual:
    install the plug
    turn on the well
    and move to the clock.
    With all that said then turned to the owner what is the mess. He tells me that they took out a few heads to install a hot tub. Ok no big deal we go to look at it and wholly cow its a mess of wires, poly pipe, funny pipe and pvc not to mention a valve and heads. Turned to the guys told them to shut the system OFF. Customer cut the pump relay wires, the valve wires, the main feed off the pump and a small mainfold. He did in fact take out a few heads and as far as the little mess well we have to discuss that!!!!!!! Have to down load the pictures but all in all it took us 2.5 hrs to get the system back up and running minus 1 zone. Told the owner we will see next week to tie the missing zone back in.
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Don't you love those calls. "Oh I have a couple little problems" Then it turns out to be broken PVB, broken manifold, 10 heads and pipe ruined due to new driveway, massive tree root problems. They never give the full extent of the problem over the phone. But, they probably don't realize the magnitude of the issue either.
  3. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

one of my favorites: " i need my timer adjusted" ok, get there and the adjustment is a zone has been running for 2 days, single buried valve wrapped in plastic and the batteries are dead on the locator.
  4. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

note to self- invest in a one size fits all customer straight jacket
  5. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I'll take a half dozen. And will pay for overnight shipping!!!!
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Tom, thanks for the sample, but I can't get it un-zipped.