Loving the Carolinas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheMaintenanceGuy, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Hey Everybody!

I'm Jonathan. I have a business with a small branch in the Charlotte, NC area and another small branch in the Charleston, SC area. It's a long story how that happened but the short version is that I married a Charleston girl and it worked out for me to move there...now I have an awesome manager in Charlotte and I get to come back to visit and oversee quite often. So far we've had success with keeping both branches open and have been profitable despite the obvious difficulty of having two locations.

The business is about 50/50 lawn maintenance and exterior cleaning and restoration (pressure washing, gutter cleaning, roof cleaning, deck restoration, etc.).

I so far have had the opportunity to participate in communities that focus on the cleaning and restoration side of the industry, but haven't had the chance to get really involved with other professionals in the lawn industry. I look forward to doing that here!
  2. So, I figure this is always a fun point of conversation...equipment choices!

Right now I am running Toro for mowers and Stihl for hand tools...I've been really pleased with both so far! Recently though I started looking into Ferris for a new zero turn I need to get eventually. Anyone try Ferris out?

3. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I love Charleston one of my favorite places in SC to visit besides Myrtle Beach. Glad to see another South Carolinian on here.
  4. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

Spartanburg SC here
  5. @noahb195: Charleston is an amazing city...loved it since I moved here! Great market for the service industry too! I used to visit Columbia all the time (half-way point to meet the lil lady). :)

@bmxerss: Cool! Another SCer!
  6. outdoorlawnscapes1

outdoorlawnscapes1 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone first time posting here! Im slowly growing an LCO based out of the concord, NC area outside of charlotte, Been a long time reader of the forum but just now decided to join, thanks in advance for everyones great advice and stories! Cheers,

Mike H.
    Outdoor Lawnscapes.
  7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Concord as well. Welcome
    Posted via Mobile Device