low bailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Jun 3, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

Man, i'm starting to see more and more signs up in neighborhoods that i cut at for " any house in this neighborhood lawn service for $25 any house" i'm cutting the same houses for $40-$50 per cut.. man this really sucks..

2. If I was heavily invested in a particular area, I might post signs right next to his, “I keep all my lawns looking GREAT!” Or something to that effect.

3. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

I know-ya hate 'em, but they come and they go. The accounts that they attract - you usually do not want anyway, b/c the customer is just looking for the lowest price, not the best quality. NO THANKS - I will stay competitive with other professionals, but will never compete with....(oh-yeah I am gonna say it)... A SCRUB!

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

They are everywhere:eek: :eek:
    I do quality work for quality customers. They want their property looking like a professional has been there, and they know jonny lowballer can,t deliver that for them. As for the penny pinchers, well they can get the job done for half the charge by someone else.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I thought this was about getting a low bailer, wasn't sure what that was....

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

That's how they can cut so cheap, they don't bag it, they bail it. Ya know, one o' them hay bailing mochines.
    Crawdad

7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one neighborhood with 25 higher end homes( avg. $750,000 ) that I service. I also do all the common areas for the association of homeowners. There is one guy in town that has one house. Neighborhood has about 60 houses now with 14 more being built. I do have a deal with the developer and get each new house after the lawn is established. This one guy has been knocking on doors of my customers and telling them that my company is no good and the work sucks, and then he says he will cut the lawn for $10.00 cheaper than me, whatever the price is. So far he has spoken to 4 of my customers that I know of, they all have said to him to please get off their property. Good work goes a long way.:angry: :confused: